T.B. Mackay Energy Services are Gas Safe Register approved contractors and this area of our business focuses on the installation, repair, and maintenance of domestic and commercial heating equipment.
It is important to have all your gas appliances checked annually for safe operation. Proper maintenance of gas appliances reduces the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, which can be caused by faulty or poorly maintained appliances and can be fatal. Regular servicing and gas safety checks will also improve the efficiency and performance of your appliances.
Our qualified and experienced Gas Safe Register engineers can carry out Gas Safety inspections and issue Gas Safety Reports for all types of gas appliances at your property by completing the following:
- Check each appliance is correctly and safely positioned
- Check any flue or chimney serving the appliance is safe and installed correctly
- Completing a flue combustion test to ensure the appliance is burning correctly and not producing Carbon Monoxide
- Check for correct ventilation
- Check that appliances and controls are operating correctly and are safe to use
- Check that all the safety devices are working
- Test the rate of gas consumption, or the working gas pressure, to ensure the appliance is operating correctly (adjusting if necessary)
- Visually inspect the appliance to check for corrosion and leaks
- Check the electrical connection
A boiler service should only be carried out by a qualified, Gas Safe Registered engineer. To arrange a boiler service please contact our helpful and experienced staff and they will be happy to schedule it in at a time to suit you.